Thursday, October 16, 2008

What do you want?

What do you want?
Is it just more money or is it freedom from the 9 to 5 job.
Have you actually thought it out?

Do you know what you will do when you get what you want?

These are question that always need attention. When you don’t actively try to get these thoughts clear, what you’re left with is simply wishful thinking. Now don’t get me wrong a good daydream now and then will keep you young and cheerful. But wanting something but not really knowing what that something is, is what marketers count on. Most ads on the Internet sell dreams. These programs will tell you how the author, starting from nothing ends up a millionaire and how they want nothing more than to share all their secrets with you. Isn’t that sweet of them? I’ve read all sorts of business ads and books; I’ve checked out programs and listen to telephone conferences till my ears rang, its kind of my hobby now. As a matter of fact, the other day a very nice lady (well respected in the Internet guru circles) was spotlighted on one such phone conference. She entertained with stories of being dead broke then becoming a millionaire in one year. She learned a few rules, fewer than the number of fingers on two hands. These magical rules changed her life. As she tells it, she will teach these secrets to you, hold your hand , so to speak, give you web pages ,CD courses and coaching sessions. All these to help ‘Average Joe’s’ like you and me become millionaires. She is not lying or perpetrating a fraud. She assures you all of this is worth $7000 or more. But for you lucky few; you chosen ones, a mere $900 will get you on your way to everything you want. Getting what you want, that’s worth some money isn’t it? How much money?
So we come back to that question of what we want. There are a ton of these programs out there all making quite similar claims. They are just slightly different (good capitalists must always differentiate products) to make themselves seem special. Some offers went for $395, one for $195, quite a few at $98, $74, $59 and so on. I actually belong to a few organizations but they are under $30 as a monthly fee. (By the way they all end up having monthly fees.) You see I want to take in more than I pay out, so I want to get the biggest bang for my buck. What do you want? Do you know how to get it? By now I am sounding like a broken record but my point is no amount of money you ever put out will make any difference if you don’t know what you want. Tighten it up. Yeah, we all want to be rich, but how rich. What are you will to give up, put up, and shut up about to get rich. What is rich to you? How hard do you want to work for it? Do you want to go to collage to major in Business? Could you be a successful affiliate in some program you like? Do you want to be your own boss? Do you want to have your hand held for $900 like in the above-mentioned program? Maybe you will only put in the time and effort to succeed if you stand to lose all that money. Me, I'm putting that money back into my own business and keep growing it till I have those things I want. And believe me I've thought about what I want. How about you?

No comments: